In honor of Annie's sheep picture and my recent feelings of being a lost sheep, I wanted to share this parable with y'all. I realize the true meaning of this parable is that God rejoices in one sinner repenting and will pursue that one sinner at all costs. How amazing that God rejoices in me, a sinner, who continues to wander. I also take encouragement from this passage as i think of it from a slightly different angle- How amazing that no matter how insignificant I may feel or in reality be at times, that is not how my Heavenly Father sees me, he hears my cries for mercy regardless how selfish, small, or large, and HE answers.
3.04.2008
No sheep goes lost
" See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." Matthew 18: 10-14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen! I so feel that way sometimes and it is truly amazing that the Creator of the universe cares about me and my little woes.
Post a Comment