i love...walking hand in hand with a brand new unsteady walker. there is such an unsteadiness, yet so much excitement in each step. he looks at everything with wonder. every step an accomplishment worthy of praise. falls are momentary and rarely devastating. sometimes he reaches for my hand. sometimes he holds so tightly and won't let go. sometimes he hurries to lead on his own. no real destination needed. the walk itself holds the hope.
I wish I could walk through my life with the abandon of Liam's first steps. That I would open my eyes and look around, and truly see that which surrounds me. That each day of living for a glorious God would be worthy enough. That the falls or gray days wouldn't destroy my spirit. That I would reach out to my Savior, hold tightly and not let go. That I would feel the freedom to be led further knowing He is present and near. That I wouldn't always need to be striving to achieve a goal. That hope comes in the journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love this imagery... I pray that we would walk with this confidence, clinging to our savior.
Post a Comment