3.03.2008

Sheep


I love this sheep. It makes me happy. It was painted by our freind, Wayne Adams. I think at first you're startled that its a sheep's backside, but then you look beyond that and see how beautiful it is. I feel like maybe that's how Christ looks at us. First he is afronted by our sin, but then forgives us and sees the beautiful person He will make us into. And He is faithful to pursue us and won't abandon us.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep." John 10:11-13

2 comments:

Corbett2002 said...

Love the sheep picture! Where are you going to hang it?

Joannie said...

In our living room, but we have to wait until the TV moves downstairs to the rec room. So now I really can't wait to finish the downstairs bathroom.