2.29.2008

God wants to be your dwelling place.

"God wants to be your dwelling place. He has no interest in being a weekend getaway or a Sunday bungalow or a summer cottage. Don't consider using God as a vacation cabin or an eventual retirement home. He wants you under his roof now and always. He wants to be your mailing address, your point of reference; he wants to be your home. Listen to the promise of his Son, 'If my people love me they will obey my teaching. My father will love them and we will come to them and make our home with them' (John 14:23)."
~Max Lucado, The Great House of God

I think this "daily speak" blog is a great idea. So far, the posts have been insightful and encouraging. It definitely motivated me to dig into the Word this morning, and it also prompted me to reread this book by Max Lucado that I had started about a year ago but never finished.

1 comment:

erin said...

Sarah, I love that excerpt from the book. That is something I need such a reminder of... that we are not just sitting before the Lord when we have time, but should be dwelling in his spirit all day.